Hi Tricia!

Tricia Wang loves NYC and the world! DISCLAIMER: DON'T TAKE THIS BLOG TOO SERIOUSLY!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Veridiana at Union Sq. Round Up

Veridiana is one of my old students. She interned for me when she was 16 years old. I remember when I first met her, I related to everything she was going through. Perhaps that's why I love working with teenagers, b.c everything that I went through as a youth defines more or less who I am today. And if it wasn't for that one great high school teacher, Mr.Welch, who practically saved me from my own self-destruction and made me aware of my potential, I wouldn't know where I would be today.
What's also funny about Veridiana is that she is a NYC social service and non-profit queen! Before she interned for me, she was a student of Emilia's International Center for Photography Program at The Point CDC. I didn't know Emilia when I met Veridiana and I hadn't worked there yet. then I found out that Veridana was also a student at Citizen's Advice Buerau, a non-profit agency in the South Bronx. By that point, I was working for CAB as a media instructor. She is also interned at EVC and a Summer Search recipeint - all orgs I love and work with. So now that I've worked for The Point CDC and CAB, it'ss funny to note that Veridiana was once their youth client.
Veridiana is now 20 years old, a budding actress who just moved back from CA form a year of acting school. Go Veri!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home