Hi Tricia!

Tricia Wang loves NYC and the world! DISCLAIMER: DON'T TAKE THIS BLOG TOO SERIOUSLY!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Help!!!! I Am Addicted to My RSS feeds?

I am seriously reaching out for help. I've become a Netnewswire Whore!!! I have feeds to like 300 sites, and I never felt the need to read every post until this weekend when Kenyatta helped launch my new blog, YouMeiTI.com. Now I find myself totally distracted and unproductive. I just see that number on the bottom left - 7,755 unread posts! And then my heart starts racing and I think I have to read more posts! And I tell myself don't click on a new blog, don't do it Tricia, but NewNewsWire makes is toooo easy for addicts like - Fuck what do i do? I am so addicted that I know I just need to close NetNewsWire, but I can't so I decided to write about my addiction to see if anyone else has the same problem. Every since sunday I've stayed up until wee hours of early morning just reading posts. and then I start thinking there is SOOO much I don't know and I MUST learn everything!! so that makes me read even more - but everytime fucking time I Refresh NetNewWire more unread posts pop up! So then I decided I must reorganize all my feeds by subject, so that when I want to read about technology I just click on my technology folder - and I figure by spending a few hours organizing my feeds it will help be more efficient with reading my posts. Goddman it there's just no end to this - RSS is supposed to make our lives easier by accessing info , but now for an information whore like me it means that there's never an end to what I can learn. Damn you RSS, Really Simple Syndication has turned into Really Strenous Stress! There's just too much to read out there - now I am still 3 months behind on magazines and I have a stack of books I need to read. Ughhhh....I need to detox. Is there an AAA for RSS addicts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home