Hi Tricia!

Tricia Wang loves NYC and the world! DISCLAIMER: DON'T TAKE THIS BLOG TOO SERIOUSLY!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Back From China


Back From China
Originally uploaded by triciawang.
School 171 2nd Fl View; Beijing, China

This could look like the view of NYC from Hunts Point-Bronx right?

I am back from China - and I feel a bit shattered - pieces of me are still in Beijing - scattered around in all my favorite restaurants, new family, new friends, new stores and new streets. My tummy is having a hard time adjusting to American food again. My stomach is a lot happier in Beijing - I ate like I was rich there! I never worried if I had enough money for food and I could always order shrimp, octopus, fish and all the desserts I wanted. here - I don't eat out a lot and when I do I can't just say I want fish and lobster every night. My money went very far there. I guess I am in severe food withdrawel.

I was so happy in Beijing because I was so far from everything I was familiar with. It was nice to not know anyone and to just wake up anytime I wanted without worrying what I needed to do or who I should call. I didn't have to meet up with anyone - time was irrelevant other than when I was working. No friends - no cell - no wireless - no partner - no family = lots of time for yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home