Hi Tricia!

Tricia Wang loves NYC and the world! DISCLAIMER: DON'T TAKE THIS BLOG TOO SERIOUSLY!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Prerana's Surprise Party!!!



Clinton Hill, Brooklyn
So I hosted my early Holiday Party for Tricia at Cedars Tavern, and it just so happened to also be Prerana's Surprise 30th party, thrown by her man Jawad. So with my party at 6pm, Prerana thought this was the last time she would see me before I left for China. I was sobbing it up - saying things like "I want to give your present to you now b.c I'm not going to see you till I get back next year."
So Jawad swung by Cedars to pick her up for their "romantic dinner" back in Brooklyn. He pretended to "forget a bottle of wine," and went back to their place and somehow convinced her to go upstairs to get the wine.
She was surprised - tears and all. I wasn't there for that part, but I eventually made it over around 11pm.
To the left is Mike - who I thankfully met. Usually I am super anti-social at parties, and I just sit and eat and eat. And at Prerana's party - everyone's a south east asian activist superhero of the world - and I am too ADD (Attention Dynamic Disposition) to actually to engage in conversation to find out how many lives they've saved, degrees they have, and issues they are working on. I just assume all of then are super-talented activist juggernauts. Do you sense my anxiety already? It's quite intimidating to engage in conversation with ubber-socially progressive and culturally cool people.
This happens when I go to any event where a majority of the people work in similar fields of work - they all just blend into one big amoeba - and then I start getting social anxiety when I have to pull this amoeba behemoth apart.
So anyways - Mike Lahaie was 5 miles away from china a few months ago - and that was the conversation hook for me-plus he wasn't a SEA activist so that calmed me down (i know he secretly is - I saw your filmography). Oh and one of the conversation highlights is that we both found out that we know a mutual person who is confirmed to be well-endowed. Small circles ehh Mike?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRERANA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home