Hi Tricia!

Tricia Wang loves NYC and the world! DISCLAIMER: DON'T TAKE THIS BLOG TOO SERIOUSLY!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hidden Crack Recovery Center

Kenyatta and I went to his favorite Thai restaurant-JOYA (mine is Pam's Real Thai Food). As we walked out he told me that the nondescript place next door is actually a covert daytime Crack Recovery Center for addicts. I have been here countless times and I can't believe I never noticed the people who walk in and out! There are so many building in NYC with no signs, doorbells, and numbers - that I wonder what else is around me. That's the beauty about living here - you can walk down the same street every day and notice something new - a new tag, new store, new sign, new neighbor, new restaurant, and new addict recovery center. The city never ceases to amaze me with its ability to constantly reinvent itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home